You think you know me?

My photo
portland, or
I enjoy writing about what I see. I enjoy seeing changes in fashion everyday. We as people are not only evolving in life, but our fashion is following the evolution. I enjoy painting when time allows. I also enjoy my two dogs that keep me on my toes at all times. Watch out when you have a wine glass near them, they are winos. Where did they get that from?? Who knows.

16 September 2010

planet, one size fits all.

  

  In a world that is obsessed with size, few things are found in the elusive "one size fits all". The one size fits all phenomenon is usually only reserved for the scarves, and such items.
  Our culture has become increasingly preoccupied with measurements. The day we move up a size in jeans is for most a catastrophe of sorts. Most of us are sadly living our lives a number, and not a person. Maybe that is why I have found draped styles, and stylish over sized clothing so appealing. I have fallen in love with the ease, the comfort, the style, and the fact that if you play this game right size means nothing. I am not talking about jumping on the MK Olsen train, of old baglady style (though I do love her). That is an example of a style taken to an extreme.
  Myself being keen on over sized, and well proportioned, of course I was taken by the label Planet. Specializing in over sized shirts, and sweaters. They are all one size fits all. The Planet label focuses on casual simple lines, with specialized twists to make them classic. Not only is the design something special but the fabrics are interesting as well. They feature soft knits on the sweaters, in neutrals, and easy to mix colors. The shirts feature anything from jersey, to a dress shirt fabric on an A-line turtleneck.
   I find myself envisioning how to mix and match these fun basic in with the rest of my closet. Planet makes adding some life to your closet easy. The aesthetic is perfect for changing leaves, and crisp air of fall.
Ladies just think, no more worries about your favorite store selling out of your size.


You can visit Planet website for more information on their all natural fabrics, and for some amazing pictures @ http://www.planetclothingonline.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment