You think you know me?

My photo
portland, or
I enjoy writing about what I see. I enjoy seeing changes in fashion everyday. We as people are not only evolving in life, but our fashion is following the evolution. I enjoy painting when time allows. I also enjoy my two dogs that keep me on my toes at all times. Watch out when you have a wine glass near them, they are winos. Where did they get that from?? Who knows.

08 August 2010

Forgive me summer, for I have sinned.


     I was born in mid June, when the sun shine is at its most powerful. It is not the heat, nor the rays that are at their strongest. It is our love for the sun, that is at its strongest. By this point we have endured months in the dreary weather. When the June sun first shines with summer love, we run outside to soak it up. We praise it. Being born on the first day of summer, I believe my obsession with the summer was predestined. There is something about the sun that makes me a better person. If you will, I am what you may call; seasonal bi-polar. I am continuously transforming between Mrs. Jekyll, and likewise Mrs. Hyde, all according to the weather.
     I find myself planning summer, all year round. I imagine how much more fun life will be. I anticipate how much better this summer will be, then last summer. I build it up, like it was the last summer I was ever going to have. With my obsession, and the following build up that I invest so much time in, there lies a problem. I spend so much time professing my love for summer; it is very embarrassing when I am inevitably over it by August.
      Its only half way through the summer. I have exhausted my warm weather clothing. I am getting restless. I find myself at this time, in the same spot I always end up in. When the going gets warm, the warm look to Vogue? Its August, it is 87 degrees, and here I am with my nose between the pages of the fall preview. Scarves nestled around the neck, in the most elegant way. Large knit sweaters, draped effortlessly, on delicate frames. Boots, oh god, the boots. This is the killer for me. Even if the thought of putting them on, makes me sweat like a polar bear in Jamaica. I mean, how in the world can you not get suckered out of summer loving, by the temptation of some boots? There is no easier way to make a quick statement, with any outfit. What is better then throwing on a fabulous pair, over some knee high ribbed socks, or your favorite skinny's. This season there are so many varieties of boots, there literally is a pair for every look. With vintage styles holding my heart this year. Give me some loved leather.
        It’s only at this moment, that I find myself caught off guard. I have been shocked out of my fall fantasy when I realize that, I miss the rain. How can someone who spends most of their life complaining about the rain, then pine over it?  I feel ashamed. I feel as though this is my dirty secret. If I dare mention my desire to bring forth the fall, in midsummer, I may be exiled out of Oregon. I can see the angry mob now, pitch forks, and all. Maybe a few people with pointy umbrellas aimed in my direction. I would probably deserve every bit of punishment. I know that I must fight my desire for the fall. For one day, very soon, I will wake up to it outside my window. Months of rain, cold weather, and clouds. I will find myself dreaming of summer once again. Once more, planning for "the best summer of my life."  That is the thing about true fashion lovers, we are always looking forward.

If you, like me, are secretly planning what to wear for the first fall day.....Here are some of the inspirations I am loving. If you are one of the people planning the pitchfork mob, how about you just skip this article. Its appreciated.



1 comment:

  1. I love your post and I was born in summer too!!

    love.
    summer.

    ReplyDelete